Rescale Elastic Cloud Workstations (ECW), known as workstations, offer you an easy way to provide a secure, managed, cloud-based virtual engineering experience to your end users. Workstations take care of the heavy lifting of running simulations and provide a fully managed service so that you don’t have to worry about procuring, deploying, and managing a complex environment.
With workstations, any user can spin up a virtual desktop with the infinite power of the cloud for computational engineering workflows, including: Computer-Aided Design (CAD), running end-to-end simulations – from preparation to solving, and analyzing results for graphics-intensive visualization. Workstations are bundled with the full suite of Rescale, including multi-cloud support, software lifecycle automation with 1000+ applications, full-stack security and compliance, and full-stack performance optimization.
Some of the benefits of using workstations include:
- Interactive solving: Scale up your machine’s hardware in order to run simulations in a visual environment.
- Multi-cloud workstations: Optimize your latency, performance, and cost using workstations, built with multi-cloud support. Workstations connect seamlessly with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Oracle Cloud.
- Easy access from Rescale Jobs → Workstations: Access all of your Rescale files directly from a workstation so that you no longer have to drag and drop files.
- 1000+ Applications and On-Demand Licensing: License over 1000+ engineering software applications on the fly using the newest hardware, only paying when you use it versus paying upfront.
- Visualization with NiceDCV: View your workstation directly in your browser or through a local client with low latency. You can also run graphics-intensive applications remotely, eliminating the need for expensive dedicated computers.
How to use Workstations
Learn how to set up and use workstations to create your virtual desktop.
Learn how to suspend your workstation, similar to powering down your computer.