Sharing allows other users to view the setup of your job on Rescale. All files associated with that job will be shared with the recipient.
Cloning allows replicating the job setup and files associated with it.
These features are useful in a collaborative setting and when small changes are needed to be made or fixed. It is also possible to clone jobs that are shared with you by other users so that you can run the jobs yourself. Please contact us if you’re having trouble.
How to Share a Job with Other Users
- Click the share button on the lists of jobs to open the job sharing interface.
- Alternatively, open the job that you would like to share and click the share button to open the job sharing interface.
- Enter the recipient’s email address, as well as a short message if desired, and click the “Share” button. Note that the recipient will be able to view all files associated with the job (both input and output files).
The recipient will receive an email with a link to the shared job, allowing them to view the job setup, as well as to clone the job and run it again.
In-browser SSH access
In-browser SSH access allows the other users to connect to an active cluster for interactive functionality such as checking cluster status, disk usage, and browsing through the file tree in the cluster. For more information on Rescale In-browser SSH function, please visit this page.
Show files option allows users to see what files will be shared with the recipient before actually sharing it.
How to Share a Job with Rescale Support
Sharing jobs with Rescale Support can be helpful if you are running into any difficulties with your job.
Follow the instruction above to open the job sharing interface.
Next, check the box to share the job with Rescale support. Note that unless a job is explicitly shared, Rescale does not have access to the job or the associated files.
Lastly, if any engineer had directly requested for your job, please include their name. More importantly, add a short message/description of the issue that you are facing.
We will then take a look at your job and assist you further over email.
How to Clone a Job
- Click on the clone action button from the list of jobs.
- Alternatively, the clone action button can also be found in the job results page.
- After clicking the clone button (on either the job page or from your list of jobs) you are brought to the job Setup page, shown below. The new job has all the same input files, software, hardware, and post-processing settings as the original and the title is appended with “(Cloned)” for clarity. From here you can make any changes necessary and submit the job.