End-to-end Desktops create a seamless HPC experience on Rescale. End-to-End Desktops is a batch compute cluster with desktop visualization capability on the head node of your cluster. It provides a user interface for users to interact with the job setup directly from the analysis software.
Features of End-to-End Desktops
- Enables you to work with your batch job submission interactively. You can monitor jobs on the fly
- Enables you to distribute your batch job submission across the entire cluster using an automated process
- You can pause the analysis at anytime, edit the inputs or parameters of the job and either restart or rerun the analysis
- Job results can be viewed during and right after completion of the simulation without any delays
- Files are automatically synced from the batch job to the Desktop session and vice-versa
- There is no additional charges for the visualization
- The Desktop session is CentOS Linux
- The files are synced to the work directory of the desktop session
- Users need to explicitly terminate the job to shutdown the cluster
- Session files should to be saved to the work folder, after which they will be uploaded to the job files under Results on the platform
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Tutorial
This tutorial shows how to submit a Simcenter STAR-CCM+ job using End-to-End Desktops. The tutorial shows you how to set up a Simcenter STAR-CCM+ project on a 2 node cluster.
Users that submit jobs to the workstation, are limited to the resources on the workstation. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ provides an option to scale up and submit jobs to a larger, remote cluster. However, the workflow is complicated. End-to-End Desktops automates this process and hence provides the option to submit jobs to a large cluster with ease.
The steps are as follows: