This white paper discusses the evolution of cloud computing in recent decades, describing how each adoption phase has uniquely redefined the status quo and laid the foundation for Cloud 3.0, the era of Big Compute. It will discuss:
- How cloud is fundamentally transforming all elements of IT.
- How big compute and high-performance computing (HPC) is poised to drive technological disruption as part of a $4 trillion enterprise IT market transformation.
- Hardware fragmentation and specialization as enabling technologies
- Deep learning and AI: The first killer app.
The white paper also examines 3 major industry adoption phases:
- Cloud 1.0, SaaS (software as a service) – Enabling reliable on-demand services.
- Cloud 2.0, big data – Enabling big data analytics with cloud scaling and high connectivity
- Cloud 3.0, big compute – Heavy duty cloud resources as a powerful, scalable and on-demand HPC alternative to on-premise computing.