Assessing the log files helps to determine if the work flow has been successfully completed.
- Assists in determining proper success criteria and understanding for expected vs. realistic performance
- Provides for fixed goal posts for performance comparison
- Expectations and success criteria can be measured
- Helps in determining the appropriate version and software settings used
process_output.log is a file with terminal output written. During the simulations this file, allows you to look into the terminal outputs.
process_output.logfile will write out important information like:
- Software versions,
- Licenses checkout information
- Modeling and software parameters used
- (optional) Results and iterations
For example, the following link takes you to an
ANSYS Fluent tutorialfrom which you can view the process_output.log file of an ANSYS Fluent simulation
.logfiles are generated by the software and is very specific to the software.
Generally, the software based logs files provide more details of the simulation than terminal output based
We advice to look at both the log files to assess the performance and success
For example, LS-DYNA write a
ls-dyna.logfile which provides more details of the simulation, while the
process_output.logfiles provides a summary of the simulation.